P U P P Y C O N T R A C T
Purchase Agreement & Health Guarantee
1. The Buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming and responsible care. This includes keeping this dog parasite free and up to date with vaccinations, deworming, provided proper nutrition, which consists of a good quality professional feed given at regular intervals, and freshwater available at all times. The Buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision. The Breeder strongly recommends that the dog be microchipped in order to facilitate his/her return if lost or stolen.
2. The Breeder guarantees this dog to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this sale. A health record of all shots and worming, and California Health Certificate will be provided to the Buyer upon pick up of the dog. The Buyer agrees to take this dog to a licensed veterinarian of his /her choice within 48 hours for a physical examination, at Buyer’s expense. Should the dog be determined to be in ill health, the cause of which is clearly attributable to the Seller, the dog may, upon signed written diagnosis from said veterinarian, be returned and will be exchanged for an animal of equal value at once, or when one becomes available. No refunds will be given and shipping costs will be at the expense of the Buyer.
3. The dog is guaranteed for two years for any congenital disease. If death should occur suddenly, a notarized veterinarian report from a full autopsy, stating from a medical certainty that the death was caused from a prenatal state will be required, at the expense of the Buyer. Breeder's vet must agree and confirm the diagnosis. A replacement puppy of equal value and same gender will be given to the Buyer from the next available litter. This guarantee does not cover diseases that vaccinations could prevent.
4. CDA (Color Dilution Alopecia) is specifically excluded from any health guarantee. Dilute coats have the possibility of being poor, thin, or having CDA and we do not warranty any dog from this condition. While we have no evidence that any of our puppies will ever have any issues, we will not guarantee it, as no breeder should.
5. The health guarantee does not cover viruses or parasites, internal or external, or any minor conditions such as colds, allergies, hernias, open fontanel or hypoglycemia. This contract does not cover undescended testicles or any additional expense incurred in the neutering of such animal. Puppies routinely have worms and this contract does not warranty against the puppy having worms. The puppies have been routinely wormed and have a clear fecal exam from worms prior to going home.
6. The Breeder does not guarantee size. We will give the buyer the weight of the puppy’s parents and the weight of other puppies out of that mating. We can give the Buyer an educated guess as to full grown weight, but there are too many variables besides genetics.
7. If the Buyer chooses not to take this animal to a veterinarian within 48 hours of the sale, the Buyer is purchasing the dog "as is" with no guarantee whatsoever.
8. The Breeder cannot assume responsibility for any expenses, medical or otherwise on behalf of the dog after 72 hours of the sale. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to care for the dog properly and keep it free from harm. Please remember that your dog must be treated with great care and protected from danger.
9. The Breeder assumes no responsibility for training difficulties or behavior problems. Buyer will receive information on how to train their new puppy. If Buyer follows the recommendations given, the Buyer should not have any problems with the training process.
10. The Buyer agrees not to use this animal for breeding and agrees to have it spayed/neutered at the age recommended by their veterinarian (usually 6 months to 1 year of age). This dog will be on limited AKC registration. Registration papers will be given after proof of spay/neuter from said veterinarian. It is understood that this dog is meant for companionship and pet only. IF and only IF Full Registration is granted for showing or breeding rights, the buyer agrees to put "Page’s" before the given name of the dog on the registration paperwork. Also if the dog is bred, the dog will ONLY be registered with the American Kennel Club and no other registries or affiliations without breeder consent in writing.
11. If at any time the Buyer can no longer retain possession of this dog, the Breeder is to be immediately notified and given first option of resuming full ownership of dog. Upon returning to no fault of the dog, no refunds shall be given. The dog will be returned with all AKC papers and medical records. Should any circumstances arise that affect the quality of life of this dog, the breeder is to be informed so that they may participate in determining the future of the dog. Under NO circumstances will this dog be sold, leased, traded or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility. A fine of $850.00 and any additional court fees and attorney fees will be fined to the Buyer if the dog is re-homed without our approval.
12. Any evidence of neglect or abuse by Buyer will void this contract and Breeder has rights to regain ownership of the dog. The Buyer must immediately contact Breeder to relinquish the dog at no cost to Breeder. All paperwork, veterinary documents, registration papers, etc. must be relinquished at no cost to Breeder.
13. The Buyer agrees to give occasional updates and contact the Breeder immediately if any questions or concerns arise about the dog, such as housing, diet, health or training. The Buyer agrees to keep the Breeder informed of any treatment as it occurs. This provides the Breeder with an opportunity to follow up on puppies and gives us important feedback and information on the health of our dogs for future generations.
14. It is understood at the time of sale that this is a pet quality dog and it is a representative of its breed. It is structurally and temperamentally suited as a companion and/or obedience dog. Training classes are recommended for a happy relationship between the dog and family.